The Northwest Naturals Expo Barber Battle will have a judging panel of both Professional Barbers and Seattle Movers/Shakers. Competitors will be judged on technique, unique design and showmanship, haircut and Sanitation/Professionalism. The theme for the competition: ‘Out of this World’ so keep that in mind with the Freestyle Designs!
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors must be at least 18 years of age to enter. The competition fee includes a one-day expo hall entry for the competitor and their models. (3 models per competitor).
Each competitor must have their own sanitized equipment:
Overall Competition Rules
1. All contestants must bring 3 live models and barbering tools in order to participate in competition. The competition fee includes a one-day exhibit hall entry for the competitor and models. Model numbers will be given to all participating models once confirmed and check in at the registration area.
2. All models’ hair must be cut at competition. Competitor is not allowed to cut, trim, shape or preset model’s hair before the competition begins. Semi-permanent color, permanent color, light color sprays and chalks are allowed unless otherwise noted. Barber must show a transformation of the model’s hair. The judges will inspect model’s hair during pre-judging or during check-in. Violation of this rule will result in the deduction of points and/or disqualification from competition.
3. All contestants must check in at the registration area at least one hour prior to the battle. If contestant is late, they will forfeit their place in the competition and their paid entry fee or fees. Please look for “Check In” when you arrive to the battle.
4. All contestants will have a specific time to complete their particular cut and style during that category of the battle. Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only. Judges will use a point system on a scale of one (lowest possible score) to ten (highest possible score). If there is a tie in a category or prize placement, the judges will determine the final winner.
5. There are 3 categories. Fade, Fade/Beard, Freestyle Design. All contestants will be judged on all 3 categories. The winning barber will be the one with the highest combined score from all three categories.
*ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE VENUE BY 11AM.
Click Here to fill out Model Release Form.